[Mailman-Users] Mailman never replies to e-mail

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 9 17:14:33 CET 2007

Sjors Gielen wrote:

>However, I never see it send a reply, at least not through postfix:
>
>Dec 09 14:02:52 2007 (13531) Low level smtp error: (104, 'Connection
>reset by peer'), msgid:
><mailman.0.1197135515.13418.mailman at lists.dazjorz.com>
>Dec 09 14:02:52 2007 (13531) delivery to dazjorz at dazjorz.com failed with
>code -1: (104, 'Connection reset by peer')
>
>(the e-mail address here is the list administrator, which has to allow
>the subscription before the confirmation, as set up in configuration).

And the above (from Mailman's smtp-failure log) says mailman is trying
to send the held message notice to the owner, and there is a problem
during SMTP (with localhost port 25 assuming you haven't changed
SMTPHOST or SMTPPORT).

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.073.htp>.