[Mailman-Users] Mailman never replies to e-mail

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 9 18:35:03 CET 2007

Sjors Gielen wrote:

>I've just tried sending myself an e-mail again, and it is delivered to
>Mailman, but I now don't even see an error message appear in the
>errorlog, it doesn't even *try* to send a reply.
>Also, I have Postgrey installed with Postfix, so that might be why the
>message couldn't be sent. However, since Postfix then sends a 4xx reply,
>shouldn't Mailman retry sending after ten minutes or so?

Yes. If Mailman receives the 4xx status during SMTP, it will retry, but
Postgrey shouldn't be greylisting mail from localhost anyway.

Is the message held in Mailman? Check the admindb interface for the
list.

Also, check all Mailman's logs.

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>

BTW, your OP indicated that Postfix was delivering via mailman service.
Are you using postfix-to-mailman2.1.py? Are you sure it's delivering
to Mailman?