[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 10 07:19:50 CET 2007

Cyndi Norwitz wrote:
>I agree.  There is no easy way I see of doing what I want.  I guess I need
>to see what all the options are and play with it for a while and see what
>my ISP does.

So if I understand, you want spam filtering to apply only to
non-members who aren't in accept_these_nonmembers.

You aren't going to be able to do that unless sonic installs the
SpamAssassin patch referred to earlier in this thread or something

What that patch allows is setting a SpamAssassin 'hold' score and a
SpamAssassin 'discard' score and a member bonus for being a member or
in accept_these_nonmembers. If you set the member bonus high enough,
no member post would ever be held or discarded.

The problem with that is those settings are global, not per-list. The
patch could always be modified to make the settings per-list, but that
makes it less likely you'd ever see it installed.