[Mailman-Users] Bounce Processing Emails

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Tue Dec 11 09:27:19 CET 2007

Because of excessive spam, I've done what so many of us have had to do, I
set the catch-all on my domain name not to go to my inbox.  I have a few
dozen legit usernames set to come to me.  Because some non-spam slips
through, I send the leftover usernames to another mailbox I read
irregularly (the spam assasin program catches about 3000 spams a day to
that mailbox, leaving me with a handful a week to sort through).

Now that my main lists were migrated to Mailman today, I discovered that
notifications of bounces are being sent to my catch-all mailbox.  For some
reason, MM makes up a To: address.

Here's an example:
immune-bounces+immune=cunews.carleton.ca at immuneweb.org

The email address of the subscriber whose email bounced is:
immune at cunews.carleton.ca

My domain name is immuneweb.org and the name of the list is immune.

Obviously, I can't make email filters for every single one of my
subscribers.  But I'd like to see the bounce messages.

Is there a way to get MM to simply send the bounces to an address I
specify, or just to the list-owner which is specified elsewhere?

Thanks,
Cyndi