[Mailman-Users] Implicit destination

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 16 20:44:43 CET 2007

Rod at freeserve wrote:
>But does Mailman have to treat this as an implicit address? Of course
>'list at icpsr.umich.edu' is not literally exactly the same as list at icpsr.umich.edu , but the
>list address is explicitly included within the quotes. Could a future version of Mailman
>allow for this and avoid treating quoted addresses as implicit destinations?

I don't think Mailman should be in the business of guessing how to
re-parse an email address. As I mentioned in another post in this
the Python email.Utils.parseaddr() function returns the single quotes
as part of the parsed address. If this is a significant problem, I
think the email library is the place to address it.

Also, the issue can be easily avoided by putting the quoted address in