[Mailman-Users] Groups

Dan Good dgood at independence.k12.ia.us
Mon Feb 12 18:52:20 CET 2007

On Feb 12, 2007, at 11:35 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Dan Good wrote:
>>
>> I have recently rebuilt my mail server. Now, after the rebuild I'm
>> finding that userA who is a member of groupZ requires approval to
>> send to groupZ even though they are a member. How do I set this so
>> that doesn't happen.
>

> Does this happen with all users' posts, just some users' posts or only
> one user?

All users
> What is the reason (found in the notice, the admindb interface and the
> 'vette' log) why the post is held?

How do I get to the admindb interface?

>> Also, I'm finding that when userA sends to groupZ I get both a
>> notification from the mailman group about this and a notifacation
>> from the mailman group concerning the notifiacation being sent as
>> well as a notification concerning the initial groupZ. Again, I'm a
>> bit confused as to where to change these properties.
>

> Can you be more specific about the subject and contents of the latter
> two messages?

  An example would be userA sends to groupZ. I get a notice form
mailman-owner concerning appoval of the e-mail. I get a notice from
groupZ concerning approval, and I get a notice from mailman-owner
concerning approval forn the approval of the groupZ notice going out.
This is for all users.

> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Thanks