[Mailman-Users] Options page bombing out on a security violation

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Jan 2 22:52:32 CET 2007

Quoting Hank van Cleef (vancleef at lostwells.net):
> I'm attaching a user's description of something about 20 of my users are
> reporting on a fresh install of Mailman 2.1.9  I've edited the user
> identity, and am including configuration info following the forwarded
> mail.  I'm baffled, because I cannot get this problem to happen from
> any of the systems at my site, and some users (unfortunately, all of
> the computer-literate types who might be able to help) aren't getting it
> either.
>

> > I too am suffering from the
> >
> > "High security alert!!!
> > You are not permitted to download the file "user at userdomain.com".
> >
> > URL = http://bronze.lostwells.net/mailman/options/mercedes/user@userdomain.com"
> >
> > when trying to switch off the mail

This looks like some stupid "security" feature on their browser that is
supposed to prevent them from downloading something dangerous.  I bet all
20 of them have installed the same anti-virus or anti-phishing software,
or "upgraded" to IE 7.  Tell them to use Firefox.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
Knuth is definitely the bastard something from hell. I just admire him