[Mailman-Users] Sender Name in message

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Jan 8 23:43:28 CET 2007

At 4:29 PM -0500 1/8/07, liquid at nationalcomfortinstitute.com wrote:

>  I'm running an anonymous discussion list. The list is setup so replies
>  are by directed back to the list.
>
>  I would like to be able to add the senders/posters name (the
>  (optional) name that is in the system) to the header, message or footer.

If the list is anonymous, then doing this kind of thing would
eliminate the anonymity, and therefore presumably violate the basic
purpose of the list.

Otherwise, don't run it as an anonymous list.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.