[Mailman-Users] getting correct alias domain in message headers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jan 10 04:29:29 CET 2007

Hank van Cleef wrote:

>What I see in the headers in a post to the list is:

>Sender: mylist-bounces at mydomain.net
>
>How do I get the correct names (otherdomain.com) in the last three
>header lines?
>
>I've added to mm_cfg.py
>
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'otherdomain.com'
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.otherdomain.com'
>add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
>(actually, tried the "add_virtualhost" before the redefined defaults
>before trying it after).  The list URL is correct (withlist/fix_url)
>but the mail headers aren't.
>
>How to fix this?  Do I need to restart the qrunners?

Well, yes. you always need to do a 'bin/mailmanctl restart' after any
mm_cfg.py changes that affect mail handling or delivery (but in this
case, fix_url is probably sufficient).

But, that said, I don't think this is a Mailman issue. Mailman knows
the list's email host is otherdomain.com as evidenced by the
domain in the other headers to what it thinks is appropriate for
external use.

I am not an MTA expert, and even if I were, you haven't told me what
the MTA is, so I can't help further. This is a question for your MTA
support resources.