[Mailman-Users] But I don't want any Korean

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 22 23:29:11 CET 2007

Kent Taylor wrote:

>Is there any way to disable Korean all-together, forever and ever, amen?! It's just so frustrating to waste an entire day working a foreign language issue on a product that will never be used by a non-English speaking person - ever.

Well, the real issue is what header files or ?? are missing on Solaris
10 that prevent successful compilation of hangul.c, but that issue
aside, I don't offhand know how to remove all traces of Korean from
the package in a way that would prevent the kind of error you're
seeing.

>Anyway, here's the traceback from the log file...
<snip>
>admin(2805):   File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/korean/johab.py", line 26, in ?
>admin(2805):     from korean.python.johab import *
>admin(2805):   File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/korean/python/johab.py", line 28, in ?
>admin(2805):     johab2uni_chosung = {
>admin(2805): AttributeError: class Jaeum has no attribute 'SS'

Is there a hangul.so (or hangul with some other extension) file in
/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/korean/c/?
If so, try removing it or renaming it. It is probably defective since
you can't compile hangul.c and your edit may have broken it. If it
isn't there, the library will fall back to
/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/korean/python/hangul.py which should work.