[Mailman-Users] admin web interface is not saving changes and asks me to re-enter password

Cornils, Karin k.cornils at cgnet.com
Wed Jul 18 02:45:08 CEST 2007

This is on a Debian 4 package installation of Mailman 2.1.9 w. Apache2.

I have tried all the FAQ suggestions in the FAQs that seem to relate to
this issue:

4.71

4.45

4.27

4.2.9

4.65

4.69

All  to no avail - details below - does anyone have any other
suggestions?

Many thanks,

Karin C

4.71 - tried all this

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.071.htp  -
4.71. Accessing the web admin interface or private archives via a framed
page requires constant reauthorization (e.g., asking me to re-enter my
password).

It was not an IE issue - even tested with no privacy security - no
change

4.45 - tried all this

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.045.htp

4.45. The admin web interface is not saving my changes and keeps asking
me to re-enter my password -- what is wrong?

4.29 - tried all this

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp -
4.29. Where can I change a list or the default URL used for the web
interface?

4.27. Securing Mailman's web GUI by using Secure HTTP/SSL

I Have not changed the site to https/ssl/tls

The following talks about a redirect - and I'm using

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/

with the default_url_pattern in mm_cfg.py set to match , so that doesn't
look like the issue.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-April/035968.html

[Mailman-Users] web interface not saving changes

4.65 - tried all this

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.065.htp -
4.65. Admin Web interface requires reauthentication (e.g., re-entering
the password) at every step and doesn't save changes.

It wasn't a firewall issue - opened all ports to test it and didn't make
a difference.

Don't see where I might have picked up the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file
issue - file doesn't exist on my system.

4.69 - tried all this

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.069.htp

4.69. Why aren't my mm_cfg.py settings for DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and
DEFAULT_URL_HOST effective?

This was done.

The information contained in this email message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments.