[Mailman-Users] searchable archive interface desired

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 19 17:08:18 CEST 2007

Datatude wrote:

>Not a big issue right now because the 20 or so subscribers are likely to
>simply keep all the emails anyhow. What I might do is maintain monthly
>mboxes and just offer any subscribers added to the list in the future
>mboxes for import into their email clients.

Pipermail already does this (sort of). That's what the periodic
"Downloadable version" files are. Many headers have been removed, and
the From: address may be munged a bit ('@' -> ' at '), but it is a
mbox.

Also, the full listname.mbox/listname.mbox file can be linked from the
archive TOC page by setting

PUBLIC_MBOX = Yes

in mm_cfg.py (and even if it's not linked, it can still be retrieved
via a url like
<http://example.com/mailman/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox>).