[Mailman-Users] Point of Clarification for announcement lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 1 02:35:33 CEST 2007

bishop at disinfo.net wrote:

>I'm assuming that this directory is in the root of the /usr/lib/Mailman/
>directory. Is this correct? I've created the following directory structure:
>/usr/lib/mailman/Lists/XXXX-high-school-announcements/en

It should be 'lists', not 'Lists' and the
/usr/lib/mailman/lists/XXXX-high-school-announcements/ directory
should have already existed before you started, at least if the
XXXX-high-school-announcements/ list existed. Also, if 'XXXX' is
literally part of the list name, it will be lower case 'xxxx'.

I.e., The en/directory is created in the already existing
lists/<listname>/ directory that also contains files like config.pck,
config.pck.last, request.pck and pending.pck.

If that directory doesn't exist in /usr/lib/mailman, then look
elsewhere, maybe /var/mailman/.