[Mailman-Users] multiple header_filter_rules?

David R Bosso dbosso+lists.mailman at lsit.ucsb.edu
Sun Jun 3 15:42:24 CEST 2007

--On Friday, June 1, 2007 11:32 AM -0700 Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>
wrote:

> David R Bosso wrote:
>> --On May 22, 2007 4:53:05 PM -0700 Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

>>> Can you provide the contents of header_filter_rules, ideally from the
>>> output of
>>>
>>> bin/dumpdb lists/<listname>/config.pck
>>
>> 'header_filter_rules': [   (   '^Return-Path:
>> (?!(<dbosso at lsit\\.ucsb\\.edu>))',
>>                                   3,
>>                                   False),
>>                               ('^Subject: test', 7, False)],
>>
>>> and a copy of
>>> the test message that illustrates the problem.
>>
>> A mail from me (rule 1 does not match), with the subject "test".
>

> Sorry for the long delay in following up. I have tried to duplicate this
> and I can't. I have the exact header_filter_rules as above and I send a
> message from me (also doesn't match rule 1) with 'Subject: test' and it
> is held by rule 2.

[whoops. sent this to the list with the wrong address the first time]

Rule 1 is (I thought) Match Return-Path:, only if it's not followed by
dbosso at lsit.ucsb.edu.  This should discard for any Return Path but my email
address, did you modify it to match yours, or do I have the (?!...) syntax
wrong?

-David