[Mailman-Users] 2 MTA 1 mailman for the same vdomain

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 7 04:16:59 CEST 2007

Pablo L. Arturi wrote:

>I have 1 mail server running postfix for vdomains using mysql, to lets say domain.com
>I have another server running postfix-mailman, to manage some mailing lists for domain.com
>
>I am not sure how to continue with this.
>
>my first postfix server manages all mails for domain.com, and now I need to start creating lists for domain.com. Not sure if I need to setup lists.domain.com or use domain.com and "map" users at domain.com to send all messages to the second machine running postfix-mailman.

You can do it either way. Set up a lists.example.com domain for mail
lists only which directs all mail to the mailman server, or tell the
main MTA for example.com the send all mail for the 10 addresses

list at example.com
list-admin at example.com
list-bounces at example.com
list-confirm at example.com
list-join at example.com
list-leave at example.com
list-owner at example.com
list-request at example.com
list-subscribe at example.com

for each list to the mailman server.

Yet another possibility is to use NFS to make the mail/mailman wrapper
on the Mailman machine accessible to the main mail server and pipe the
list mail directly to the wrapper on the Mailman machine.