[Mailman-Users] Announcement List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 8 22:21:13 CEST 2007

Mark Bomgardner wrote:

>I am using Mailman 2.1.9 with an announcement list.  I don't want to use the
>moderated option, so I am using the Approved: <password> option.  The
>problem is that this shows up in the announcement.  Can this be removed and
>still allow the message to go through?

If you post with an actual Approved: header, Mailman will remove it.

If you post with an Approved: line as the first non-blank line in the
first text/plain part of the message, it will be removed from that
part and an attempt will be made to remove it from other text/* parts
of the message (e.g. from the text/html alternative of a
multipart/alternative message). This attempt does not always succeed.
In particular, if the poster's MUA creates a multipart/alternative
message and because of additional <font> or whatever tags, the
be removed.

The best solution is to post with an actual header or post plain text
only.

See the thread at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-February/055722.html>
for more on this.