[Mailman-Users] Member only list?

L. H. l.h. at raqtweak.com
Thu Jun 14 21:14:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am currently running 2.1.9, and am trying to setup a member only list
function using config_list.

I've found a few instructions, but they seem to be for older versions of
which the commands are no longer recognized.

What I want to do is have 3 setups:

1) Everyone, members or no members, can post
2) Only members can post, no moderation required for them. Drop all
non-member submissions.
3) All emails sent to the list (member + non member) must be approved by the
admin.

Which configuration lines should I use for this?
I currently use:

1) Everyone:
generic_nonmember_action = 0
default_member_moderation = 0

2) Members only:
default_member_moderation = 0
generic_nonmember_action = 2

3) Moderation for everyone:

default_member_moderation = 1
member_moderation_action = 0
member_moderation_notice = 'Sorry, subscribers cannot post to this list.'
generic_nonmember_action = 1

Please advise.
Thanks!