[Mailman-Users] Server Migration (and archive repair)

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jun 14 20:53:41 CEST 2007

I need to build a new mailman server.  What is the best/easiest way to
migrate lists (and their archives) to the new machine?  Something that
used rsync would be nice so I could keep things as up to date as possible
and then do a final rsync right before the migration.

This is definitely something that needs to be done slowly and kept up with,
our archives are currently 26GB in size. ;)

The other thing is, a previous admin tried to clear out the archives for
a couple of lists, and now the new messages are no longer archived.  How
do I repair these broken archives?

Thanks,

-brian
--
"Perl can be fast and elegant as much as J2EE can be fast and elegant.
In the hands of a skilled artisan, it can and does happen; it's just