[Mailman-Users] Changed Firewall and Now Mailman is not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 22 00:58:47 CEST 2007

brianmaull at yahoo.com wrote:

>Posts get to the mailman server, but don't make it to the archives, bounce, or go out to the list.

It is not clear to me why posts are not getting to the archive. If
everything worked before and the firewall is the only change and the
posts reach Mailman, the should get to the archive even if they can't
get sent out.

Is there anything in Mailman's error log?

>There is nothing in the smtp failure log, but there are errors in another log that say (Name service error for yahoo.ca: Host not found, try again).

Which other log?

See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.014.htp>
for some hints on this one.

>I can ping yahoo.ca no problem from the server

Can you connect to port 25 at yahoo.ca (something that your firewall
may well be blocking).