[Mailman-Users] Hosting multiple domains on the same mailmaninstallation

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 22 17:57:54 CEST 2007

BG Mahesh wrote:

>Currently we are hosting lists.xyz.com using Mailman. Can I use the same
>installation to host lists.abc.com ?
>I don't want the mailing lists of lists.abc.com to have a return id of
>lists.xyz.com. i.e. I want to host the following mailing list on the only
>server I have which hosts mailman,
>
>users at lists.xyz.com
>members at lists.xyz.com
>
>charter at lists.abc.com
>etc at lists.abc.com

Put

add_virtualhost('www.abc.com', 'lists.abc.com')

in mm_cfg.py where www.abc.com is the host name you use for web access
for the abc.com domain.

Currently (Mailman 2.1), you are restricted in that you can't have the
same list name in both domains.

You also need to configure your web server and MTA appropriately.

See bin/newlist --help for info on creating lists in the abc.com
domain. For web create, visiting the 'create' page on the www.abc.com
host will create the list in that domain.