[Mailman-Users] lurker behaving strangely

Jenny Hopkins hopkins.jenny at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 00:04:26 CEST 2007

On 21/06/07, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:

> Please do let us know how things turn out.  We don't provide official
> support for third-party add-ons, but it can be useful for us to
> provide links to where people can get support, in case someone else
> in the future follows the same logic that you did.
>
> --
As a follow-up to my problem with the lurker archives disappearing randomly:
I found random mails were disappearing as they were being flagged as
deleted in the lurker database, and each time I rebuilt the database
from the mailman archives it would happen.
I found a lurker-users list where it was suggested a web crawler could
be triggering the delete action. I disabled the delete line in the
lurker config and (touch wood) it has been stable for 3 days now.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Jenny