[Mailman-Users] Blank Characters Removed from "Subject:" Line

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jun 28 03:12:33 CEST 2007

Barry Finkel writes:

 > I am running Mailman 2.1.9.  I have a list where one posting has a
 > "Subject:" line:
 >
 >      Change in Procedure for Computers on list with possible Antivirus Problems
 >
 > The next posting in the thread has:
 >
 >      Change in Procedure for Computers on list with possible AntivirusProblems

What is happening, I guess, is that Mailman is folding that header to
keep it within some number of characters, maybe 76 or so.  RFC 2822
specifies that this may be done by inserting a linebreak (CRLF) before
whitespace.  The RFC implies that the right thing to do in that case
is to remove the CRLF only, but some MUAs also remove a space.  I
suspect that is what is happening to this case.

Can you post a copy of the "raw" header as received by Mailman and as
sent by Mailman?