[Mailman-Users] specific (1) LHS and (2) sender rules to frustrate spam/phishing

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Fri Jun 29 22:25:15 CEST 2007

On 6/29/07 11:23 AM, "Rich Kulawiec" <rsk at gsp.org> wrote:

> p.s. As as aside, I strongly recommend against callbacks/SAV.  It's
> inherently abusive, it's a deliberate attempt to bypass site security
> policies [and thus illegal in some jurisdictions, but ask your attorney
> for clarification 'cause IANAL],

I wasn't referring to sender verification callbacks (which we do not use).
I was referring to recipient verification callforwards, where the edge MTA
doesn't know valid recipients but some internal (or even customer) MTA does.
Exim can configure these easily (but that doesn't help because Mailman
doesn't act like an MTA).  I don't know about any other MTAs in this regard.

  --John