[Mailman-Users] Mime conversions - missing carriage returns and odd characters

Ryan Steele steele at agora-net.com
Fri Mar 2 16:55:13 CET 2007

Hey folks.

Recently, messages from AOL ( shudder, X-Mailer: AOL WebMail 23823 in
one example I'm viewing ) and Outlook ( shudder, Build 11.0.5510 in one
example I'm viewing ) have been sending multipart messages which appear
to confuse the Mailman MimeDel ( X-Content-Filtered-By: Mailman/MimeDel
2.1.8 is header, FWIW ).

Here's an example snippet:

Appreciative Inquiry? Or, the power of Ambivalent Thinking. Revisit, for
a moment, thoughts about Norman Vincent Peale’s “The Power of
Positive Thinking”, about Dale Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends and
Influence People”, and, then the brillance of the “Appreciative
Inquiry” movement arising from the depths of OB study at Case Western
Reserve…… BUT, also, think about how ow a CWRU faculty Psychologist (of
the original OB group, and first to exit) could “dim the lights”
within dedicated students by simply saying: “How come you appear to be
smiling, all the time?” Also, reflect on how some of the bravest and
toughest individuals- who have lived through rough situations and
survived without obsolescence of spirit- are the warmest of friends
(full of life and strength).

As you have probably ascertained by the MimeDel version, I'm running
2.1.8, and am not in a huge rush to upgrade to 2.1.9 unless there are
fixes that specifically pertain to the handling of HTML messages. I'm
not quite sure why the messages are missing the carriage returns after
Mailman has finished parsing the HTML (maybe an unclosed <br> or <p>?),
but any advice and/or insight would be more than welcome! I can provide
full headers (obscuring the names of the innocent) if that would help
anyone. Thanks alot!

Best Regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan Steele
Systems Administrator               steele at agora-net.com
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475
314 E. Main Street, Suite 1         (302) 224-2552 (fax)
Newark, DE 19711                    http://www.agora-net.com