[Mailman-Users] Urgent newbie help - "Hit a bug" page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 3 05:11:53 CET 2007

John Fleming wrote:

>1.  I must be doing something wrong - Running that script only gives me:
>
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman# ./johntest <----- the script
>sh-2.05b#

Yes. something is wrong because apparently, bin/sh is trying to read
its input from the terminal instead of the script. What is the exact
contents of johntest? What if you run

  bin/sh ./johntest

instead?

>2.  There are other atribute errors in the log - I see name and language, to
>name 2.  (I haven't changed anything, so why are the atributes missing
>anyway?)

With any luck, it will only be one bad list. Once we identify which
one, we can wory about fixing it.

I have no idea how it got broken. Did you have a system crash? power
failure? some similar event?

>3.
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin# ./withlist -l sked
>The variable `m' is the sked MailList instance
>>>>
>Unlocking (but not saving) list: sked
>Finalizing
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin#

Before we start trying to do things with withlist, we need to identify
the list that has the problem. Once we figure that out, you can for
example do bin/dumpdb of that list's config.pck and compare it to
bin/dumpdb of some other list's config.pck and get an idea of how
badly it's messed up.