[Mailman-Users] Debian, Exim4, GID, desperated...

Thomas Koch thkoch at ruhrgebietswiki.de
Tue Mar 6 14:22:54 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm running a Debian-Sarge-Testing Server with Mailman 2.1.9-7, exim4 4.63-17.
I think I've consulted every README, FAQ and internetsite available, but
couldn't get mailman to work.

I copied the Exim4 conf files from README.Exim4.Debian.

The first problem was piping. I resolved it by creating a file
conf.d/main/000_localmacros as indicated here:
http://www.sput.nl/software/exim.html

with
SYSTEM_ALIASES_PIPE_TRANSPORT = address_pipe

Now I get complaints like this:
"Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail
wrapper script to be executed as group "daemon", but
the system's mail server executed the mail script as
group "Debian-exim"...."

The problem doesn't change when I change the line
MAILMAN_GROUP=daemon to anything like mailman, Debian-exim or list.

I also changed
MTA = 'postfix' to MTA = None, but I think this shouldn't have effect on this
issue.

What else can I tell you?

Cheers,

Thomas Koch