[Mailman-Users] mailman lighttpd cgi-bin weirdness

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 13 21:59:18 CET 2007

Eugen Leitl wrote:
>(this is a resend, since my last post was probably discarded due to a digital signature)

A signature shouldn't cause a post to be discarded on this list.

>has links with cgi-bin in them, e.g. http://postbiota.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/tt
>which 404 with my current configuration.
>I have a somewhat frankensteinian /etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf
>which hopefully you can help me to debug:

It seems to me the only issue is the extraneous cgi-bin/ in the links.
This is there because at the time the lists were created, there was

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

in mm_cfg.py. This should be just the default value

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

as set in Defaults.py. Once this is fixed, you need to run fix_url to
fix the lists themselves. See