[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-Developers] Problem with format=flowed patch

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Mar 24 23:10:18 CET 2007

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

>I think the indent level of this part in Scrubber.py should be
>
>              if charset is None:
>                  charset = part.get_content_charset(lcset)
>+            format = part.get_param('format')
>+            delsp = part.get_param('delsp')

Tokio,

Thanks for looking at this.

I don't think your suggestion is correct. What I am trying to do is get
the format= and delsp= parameters from only the first text/plain part
in the message. Often, this will be the only part in which case it
doesn't matter.

Consider however a message with a format=flowed text/plain 'body' and a
subsequent attached text/plain part perhaps without format=flowed. We
want to remember the format parameter from the first 'body' part and
not override it from the second text/plain part.

I recognize that there can always be a pathological case where it might
be more appropriate to get the parameters from a subsequent part, but
I think in general, the first text/plain part is the safest.