[Mailman-Users] Where's that d at mn3d horse? Close that stable door!

Mike Maughan mike.maughan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:55:34 CEST 2007

It is good practice to keep some part of one's online presence on another
web resource so as to not "put all of ones eggs in the one basket".

I have had this brought home in spades today as dreamhost's Mailman system
is down and of course I could not tell my users ...

As an interim I have set up an announce-only list via yahoogroups; ok for
now but definitely not my preference.  I have also set up a remote
"health-check" for the rest of my servers via host-tracker.com.

My question is, does anyone know of - or operate - an alternative
list-status listserv?

If not, how about an informal list-twinning service?  Pairs of list admins
agree to provide the other with a low traffic text-only list on the other's
servers so we can each maintain an offsite status list?

Wotcha fink, then?

--
Regards, Mike