[Mailman-Users] Attachments - archives and encoding problems

John Papapanos jpa3nos at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 12:00:57 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I have 2 different problems with attachments in
archives in mailman lists.

1. The first problem has to do with attachment URLs in

the web archive. The URL is split into two lines where
the first line ends with a '='. If you concatenate the
two lines and omit the '=' the URL works fine. I know
this problem has been already discussed but I haven't
found a working solution yet. The mail is delivered
directly from my mail client to the MTA without any
intermidiate machines.
Is there a solution to the broken link ?

2. The second problem is that mails having an
attachment are displayed fine in the web archives only
if the mail was sent with iso-8859-1 encoding. If I
choose a different encoding in my mail client
(eq. iso-8859-7 or utf-8) mails in the web archives
are displayed scrambled. This is not the case if the
mail does not have an attachment where it is handled
correctly by mailman regadless the encoding of the
mail.

Thank you.