[Mailman-Users] Temporarily Diable Entire List

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Mon May 7 19:05:18 CEST 2007

On May 7, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Robin Bartholomew wrote:

> I want to make sure some lists are definitely not used before deleting
> them.  To temporarily disable a list, is moving the list directory
> (/home/mailman/lists/list_name) to a temporary directory an acceptable
> solution or is there a better way to go about this?

I would just change the alias for the list to go to some auto-
responder or to the list owner.  So instead of having something like

  listname:   "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post listname"

just have it be something like

  listname: "|/path/to/some/autoresponder"

or

  listname:  owner-listname

You can do similar things with the request-listname address.

-j