[Mailman-Users] Upgrading and changing machines

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Wed May 9 04:01:48 CEST 2007

I searched the archives, but only found this message:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-March/035371.html which
had no reply.

We're upgrading from 2.0.11-1woody1 to 2.1.5-9ubuntu4.1, and changing boxes in
the process.  I've read the docs, but haven't found anything about upgrading.
Is there a documented procedure somewhere for upgrading?  This page:
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/site.html the 'move_list' script, but
there is no additional documentation about it, and it is nowhere to be found
in the tab balls.  It does, however, sound like something I might need.

I assume I can copy over the directories in /var/lib/mailman/lists, but what
must I do to the config.db to complete the upgrade?  I'll need to change the
host name, but there are other fields in there that look like they may need
updating, but I'm not sure how, and I'd rather let an "official" script muck
around with config.db.

Any hints/tips?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111