[Mailman-Users] mailman is not "scrubbing" attachments in the archives (DIAGNOSED)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat May 12 02:56:31 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>James Dinkel wrote:
>
>>They have all been pdf files.  Will it not scrub pdf files?  I don't
>>exactly know what the
>>
>>"MIME Content-Type:" is.
>
>For purposes of the scrubber, "MIME Content-Type:" is the value of the
>
>PDF attachments should be scrubbed. They normally are Content-Type:
>application/pdf, but any Content-Type: other than text/plain should
>result in their being scrubbed in the archive.
>
>Are other attachment types being scrubbed (or are PDF attachments the
>only ones you get on your list)?
>
>Can you provide a URL of an archive message that has this problem?

James provided access in an off list reply. It turns out that this is
the same Mailman 2.1.5 scrubber issue as discussed in the "Attachments
- archives and encoding problems" thread at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-May/056923.html>.
According to the resolution in that thread, upgrade to Mailman 2.1.9
solves the problem.