[Mailman-Users] Low level smtp error: Server not connected

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue May 29 18:24:12 CEST 2007

On 5/29/07, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>  Does anybody else use Postfix 2.4?

Actually, I'm pretty sure we are currently using it on the NTP Public
Services Project pages at ntp.isc.org, which is the project I had
gotten involved in years ago, prior to getting involved in Mailman.
I got on this mailing list in order to help me figure out if it would
be a good idea to switch from Majordomo to Mailman, and I haven't
looked back since.

Currently, these are the two primary open source projects where I
spend most of my time.

If you want to give it a test, I could install the latest postfix 2.5
experimental or non-production patch releases on the python.org mail
servers, so that we can give the newer code a try.  ;)

Seriously, I am quite convinced that the problem here is a
mis-configuration between Mailman and postfix, and that neither
program is necessarily "at fault".

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0