[Mailman-Users] mailman list read-only

Ben O'Shea roadeh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:41:03 CET 2007

Ok, I'm across all that. The thing is, we have had a few users
actually post messages to this list and I get a message saying the
post requires moderator approval. I then go and approve the message,
however each day I am notified about the same messages (i.e. ones I
have "approved") require approval.?

On 11/1/07, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
> On 11/1/07, Ben O'Shea wrote:
>
> >    I have a mailman installation where posts to the "mailman" list
> >  must be approved before being sent to the list. However any
> >  approves/unapproves don't seem to take, i.e. even after approving or
> >  not approving a nmessage I am notified each day that these same
> >  messages require approval. Also, other changes to the configuration of
> >  this list don't seem to take either. Is there something I'm missing?
>
> The "mailman" list is only used internally for managing subscriptions
> of users who are bouncing on other lists.  It is not a normal list to
> which posts are made.  You need to ensure that it exists and is
> working as Mailman would expect, but you shouldn't have any other
> administration overhead with it.
>
> --

Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world, because theres
nothing the world likes more than the taste of really sweet dreams