[Mailman-Users] Configuring Mailman account using URL-parameters.

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
Fri Nov 2 22:00:17 CET 2007

Hi,

I've figured out it's possible to parse a lot of Mailman configuration
directly through a URL (like the one below)

This kind of coding is used in a Joomla-mailman bridge, and I'm looking
into integrating this further into the website... I'd like users to
allow to change their settings from inside the main website (without
having to ask them for a second password or exposing the master password
in a frame)

So now, my question is: apart from (un)subscribing and switching to
daily digest... is it possible to change member settings this way too?
I'm thinking of the parameters in the URL of the type

http://mydomain.com/mailman/options/mylist_mydomain.com/myname--at--mydomain.com?password=mypass&disablemail=0&mime=1

Apparently, the abovementioned does not work... anyone has experience
with this kind of tweaking?
(I'm not familiar with Python, so I think digging into the source code
would be a heck of a job...

Any advice here would be gratefully accepted.
Jurgen.