[Mailman-Users] Leopard Server Mailman Config Question

Jerry Britton jbritton at dsop.com
Mon Nov 12 17:31:58 CET 2007

Have Leopard Server up and running. Have web access to Mailman up and
running. Have created a test list.

Should the Mailman software create the accounts required for the list
(list, list-join, list-leave, etc.)?

If so, mine didn't. I posted to the list and got a user unknown error.

On the other hand, if I have to create the mail accounts through
Workgroup Manager, that seems like a lot of work. Do I need more than
the above three? What password do you assign? If you leave it null,
anyone on the Internet could potentially access it. If you set a
password, then how do you tell Mailman what it is?

The docs have absolutely nothing to say on this subject. And
www.lists.org says Apple re-engineered the software to work with
their GUI and moved the code around...and thus it can't be readily
supported.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Despite my sig, I prefer Apple! (usually)