[Mailman-Users] basic but serious spam question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 12 18:59:58 CET 2007

Juan Miscaro wrote:
>How can I designate a single person in my company to be the sender of
>messages to my announce-only lists?
>I don't see any reason for this person to be subscribed to the lists.

for suggestions on list setup. The single person can post to the lists
using an Approved: header as discussed in the FAQ article.

>I would prefer to make such changes on the command line and for
>multiple lists.

You can put the various settings such as default_member_moderation,
member_moderation_action and member_moderation_notice in a file to be
input to bin/config_list and run config_list on multiple lists with a
shell script.

See <http://veenet.value.net/~msapiro/scripts/set_mod.py> (mirrored at
<http://fog.ccsf.edu/~msapiro/scripts/set_mod.py>) for a withlist
script that can be used to set all current list members to moderated
if you want to do this from the command line.