[Mailman-Users] Reject messages with wrong attachment

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 12 19:31:06 CET 2007

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

> Mailman is able to remove some attachments, based on the mime-type. But is
> it possible to reject messages containing such attachments? This is
> strange to see an incoming message telling "I attached the file" and see
> nothing; I would prefer return the message, and tell the user to choose
> another format (pdf vs doc, for example).

You can use header_filter_rules to match on content types, e.g.,

^Content-Type:.*application/msword

but this is only practical for a limited number of anticipated types,
Also, if you chose to 'reject' matching messages, you have no control
over the reject message. You can only control the reason if you 'hold'
the message and then reject it from the admindb interface.