[Mailman-Users] Incorrect link on empty archive page

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Nov 14 16:50:10 CET 2007

Mark Dale <mdale at geniusmoon.com.au> wrote:

>On the Archives page, when the archives are empty, Mailman displays the
>following message (which is correct).
>
>"No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
>currently empty. You can get <more information about this list>."
>

>However, there is an error with the "more info" link -  a slash is
>missing between "mailman" and "listinfo" in the link, and of course I
>get  a "Not found" reply.
>
>Not Found
>The requested URL .../cgi-bin/mailmanlistinfo/gen... was not found on
>this server.
>
>I had a look at "emptyarchive.html" and it looks fine. The
>"%(listinfo)s" works on other pages.
>

>--- snip from /etc/mailman/en/emptyarchive.html
>
><h1>The %(listname)s Archives </h1>
>No messages have been posted to this list yet, so the archives are
>currently empty.  You can get <a href="%(listinfo)s">more information
>about this list</a>.
>
>--- end snip
>

>Any clues from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
>
>cheers
>Mark Dale

Mark Sapiro reponded recently to one of my postings that the archive
page is static.  If you post something to the list, then the archive
page will be rebuilt and will have the proper hyperlinks.  I followed
Mark's advice, and my hyperlinks were corrected.  Why the hyperlink is
bad I do not know.  In my cases, it was due to different

     DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN =

values when I was initially installing Mailman on my test system.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov