[Mailman-Users] mailman not delivering mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 20 20:56:11 CET 2007

Eric Beda wrote:

>Mailman doesn't send email, i get this in my maillog
>to=<dmis-staff at pmoralg.go.tz>, relay=local, delay=60,
>delays=60/0.01/0/0.18, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command:
>/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post dmis-staff)
>but the mails are never delivered to the users mailboxes, and are not even
>archived ( i set it to archive daily)

You probably don't want daily archive volumes. This has nothing to do
with when messages are archived. It only controls how frequently a new
archive volume is created. The 'monthly' default is probably OK. Look
at <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/>. With
archive_volume_frequency = daily, there would be one entry on this
page for each day instead of one per month.

However, this has nothing to do with "mailman not delivering mail". For
that, see