[Mailman-Users] reject oversize messages rather than hold formoderation?

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Sun Nov 25 04:09:01 CET 2007

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> All you have to do is change it to
>         if bodylen/1024.0 > mlist.max_message_size:
>             rej_msg = 'Message too big: limit = %d KB' %
> mlist.max_message_size
>             raise Errors.RejectMessage, rej_msg

That's great, tanks!!!

> Descisions are distributed through various handlers because we want to
> modularize the various functions like spam detection, membership tests

Still, I'd have expected the decisions for what to hold (policy) to be
separate from the code that actually implements the hold (mechanism).
For example, I might have expected to see a handler for message size.
Instead, it appears that the Hold handler has to think about all of
the reasons that a message might be held.

But like I said, this probably makes sense to all of you Mailman
maintainers, so I probably am just spouting BS.

Thanks for the help!
Eric