[Mailman-Users] another question about invitation confirmationsubject line/VERP

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:14:38 CET 2007

Thanks to all for the plethora of information about VERP and how it is
used by the MTAs and Mailman. Just for clarification, I don't have a
list of 250,000 subscribers, just a site that has a total of 250,000
subscribers over 500+ lists. I think the largest is about 40,000.

So, if all I want to do (which was my original question) is to VERP
confirmations,  I only have to add this to Postfix:

default_verp_delimiters = +=
verp_delimiter_filter = -+=x

and this to mm_cfgy.py:

VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

All other VERP setting are whatever is the default in Defaults.py.

VERPing the confirmations seems to work as expectedc and I assume that
there is not much of a burden on the server without VERPing every
message or even VERPing a sample of messages.

Thanks again for the good information.

On Nov 27, 2007 8:38 PM, Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org> wrote:
> On 11/27/07, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
> >  As a point of reference however, there are lots of lists on python.org
> >  and some are quite busy (e.g. Python-list at python.org) and they are
> >  personalized and it seems to work OK. Brad has posted on this in the
> >  past
> >  <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-September/058231.html>.
>
> I also updated FAQ 1.15 with the latest information about python.org.
> See
> <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp>.
>

> --

Christopher Adams