[Mailman-Users] Help with SpamAssassin

J.R. Constance jrc at clshost.com
Mon Oct 1 21:50:59 CEST 2007

I have been attempting, unsuccessfully, to configure SpamAssassin to
work with my Mailman installation using the "Add
"Global_Pipeline.inster(1,'SpamAssassin')" method (from FAQ 4.23). I
am hoping that someone who has been successful at implementing this
will be able to help me out.

I have been working through the instrucitons available at http://
www.jamesh.id.au/articles/mailman-spamassassin/ and have been able to
create the user acount and directory, but when I attempt to pass the
arguments to spamd to get it to run in a locked down mode using the
instructions (spamd -d -u spamassassin -x -a -P --virtual-config-dir=/
var/lib/spamassassin/%u.prefs) I get the following:

warn: Unknown option: a
Usage:
     spamd [options]

with a list of options that do not include an option "a" for crating
automatic whitelists. Not sure that's a big deal so I removed the -a
option and repeated the command, and that seemed to work OK.

i moved on to the next step (not using RPM's) which was:

chkconfig --level 345 spamassassin on

and I get the following:

error reading information on service spamassassin: No such file or
directory

Anybody have any ideas why this isn't working, or recommendations for
what else I can check?

Thanks,

J.R.

J.R. Constance