[Mailman-Users] Can't browse archives while logged as list admin

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 7 01:56:11 CEST 2007

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:
> On the archive page, clicking on a month leads to (for example):
>     http://<host>/cgi-bin/mailman/private/2006-September/thread.html
> instead of:
>     http://<host>/cgi-bin/mailman/private/<list>2006-September/thread.html
> All is working fine when logged as subscribed user. Is it a known bug?

The problem is that you got to the index page via a URL that didn't end
in a slash.  E.g.,

instead of

Then, because the href's on the page are relative (e.g.,
href="2006-September/thread.html"), without the trailing slash, they are
taken as relative to private/ instead of private/<list>/.

So the question becomes where did the URL without the trailing slash
come from? I don't see this problem with Mailman generated archive URLs,
but if it is a Mailman generated URL in your case, what Mailman version
is this, and from where did you get to this page?

The only way I can reproduce this is if I am already logged in and I go
to a URL like http://<host>/cgi-bin/mailman/private/<list> without the
trailing slash. Then I see the problem, but it makes no difference if
I'm logged in as admin or a user.

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)