[Mailman-Users] Broken mailman

Donovan R. Palmer donovan at dmpnet.org
Thu Oct 18 10:34:02 CEST 2007

Oh great and wise jedi-nights of mailman... I request your assistance. My install of mailman has broke and I'm a bit lost on this one.

When starting up the mailman service, I get the following error:

mazar:/usr/lib/mailman # service mailman start
Starting mailman (Warning: the Apache2 webinterface for Mailman has not been activated!)                                                             done

Doing some digging around, when I attempt to apply a template to my new list, using this command:

bin/config_list -i data/sitelist.cfg allstaff

I receive the following error

  File "bin/config_list", line 362, in <module>
    main()
  File "bin/config_list", line 357, in main
    do_input(listname, infile, checkonly, verbose)
  File "bin/config_list", line 263, in do_input
    execfile(infile, globals)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data/sitelist.cfg'

Any suggestions on what could be the problem and how to debug this? I have dug around a fair bit this morning and don't have a clue as to what the problem is or why it even broke in the first place.

Many thanks in advance.

Donovan