[Mailman-Users] Fwd: : Problem Running mailman

QA Engg qa.oscpro at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 11:28:36 CEST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: QA Engg <qa.oscpro at gmail.com>
Date: Oct 20, 2007 2:57 PM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] : Problem Running mailman
To: Mailman-Users at python.org
Cc: msapiro at value.ne

Hi,

   2.1 Set up your system
   1.

      Add the group and User

 *groupadd mailman :-* groupadd: group mailman exists

*useradd -c''GNU Mailman'' -s /no/shell -d /no/home -g mailman mailman :- *

   no error but shows details about the command Useradd

   2. Create the istallation Directory

   2.2 Create the Installatio Directory
   1.

      You cannot install Mailman on a filesystem that is mounted with
      the nosuid option not gettting the meaning of set to group
      2.

       cd $prefix

      3.

      chgrp mailman .

      4.

      chmod a+rx,g+ws .

               -- Sucessfully run

3 Build and install mailman

3.1 Run Configure

*cd mailman-<version>*

*./configure*

Shows errors 1) checking permissions on /usr/local/mailman... configure:
error:

2) ***** Installation directory /usr/local/mailman is not configured
properly!

3) ***** Directory must be owned by group mailman: /usr/local/mailman

*sudo make install*

 4 Check Your Installlatio

4.1

   1.

   *bin/check_perms -f * bash: bin/check_perms: @PYTHON@: bad
   interpreter: No such file or directory
   2.

   *cd mailman/archives *

         No such directory
         3.

   *chown Apache 2 private*

         chown: `Apache': invalid user
         4.

   *chmod o-x private*

   chmod: cannot access `private': No such file or directory

 5 Set up your web server

	ScriptAlias /mailman/       $prefix/cgi-bin/

 OR

	Exec        /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*