[Mailman-Users] mailman + postfix : where to set X-No-Archive

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 24 17:44:35 CEST 2007

Terrence Brannon wrote:

>I am running mailman and postfix on a Debian Stable machine.
>Mail-archive.com will not archive emails if the header X-No-Archive is
>set to yes.

Neither will Mailman.

>Is this header set via mailman or postfix? I want to set it to "No"

Neither standard Mailman nor Postfix will add or set this header. This
header is normally added to a message via her MUA by a user who
doesn't want the message archived. Normal messages contain no

I don't know about Mail-archive.com, but Mailman will not archive
messages that contain any X-No-Archive: header, even 'X-No-Archive:
No'.

    # Common practice seems to favor "X-No-Archive: yes".  No other
value for
    # this header seems to make sense, so we'll just test for it's
presence.