[Mailman-Users] ports

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 24 20:28:32 CEST 2007

Melinda Gilmore wrote:

>I looked somewhat in the archives but am not finding information on what
>port mailmanctl listens on.  Or this whole email may show my ignorance on
>the setup.  But what I am trying to do is setup a warning in our nocol if
>mailmanctl is down.  I need a port number.

mailmanctl does not 'listen'. It responds to signals, not to
commumication on a socket. Even the fact that it is present (which can
be determined from the existence of the file master-qrunner.pid in
Mailman's data/ directory and the existence of a process with the pid
contained in that file) does not mean that all or even any of the
qrunners are running (they might have died multiple times and reached
mailmanctl's restart limit).

Depending on your OS something like

  ps -fw --ppid `cat /path/to/data/master-qrunner.pid`

May tell you whether or not the qrunner processes are all there.