[Mailman-Users] Delegated Administration

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Oct 26 07:11:57 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Melick Andy wrote:

>  Does anyone have a prebuilt VMWare instance for MailMan? It seems as if
>  this program is a bear to configure? I just don't have the time unless
>  someone else has a quick and easy way to set this up. It would be much
>  easier to modify a running instance rather than configure from scratch.

It's not "MailMan".  It's "Mailman".

Configuration-wise, it's about as simple to configure as you can get.
You need to tell it what kind of mail server you're using, what
hostname and domains it's going to serve, and most everything else
can probably be taken from the built-in defaults.  In many cases, all
you'll need to add or change is about five lines in mm_cfg.py:

	MTA = 'Postfix'
	DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.example.com'
	DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.example.com'
	DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
	add_virtualhost('lists.example.com', 'lists.example.com')

It doesn't get much simpler than that.